Job Title: Foundation Phase Pathway Manager
Reporting to: Academy Manager
Contract: Permanent – Full/Part Time
Hours of work: 37.5 Hours per week (FT) 20 Hours per week (PT) (Includes evenings and some weekends)
Salary Dependent upon qualifications and experience
Purpose of the Job:
The Foundation Pathway Manger will work in collaboration with the Senior Academy Management Team
in the organisation of all Foundation age sessions including technical and physical development. They will
be responsible for managing a games programme as well as supporting the recruitment of players.
Manage all aspects of the Foundation Phase provision, supporting the creation of the syllabus to enhance
our offer to members and ensure a clear development model. Oversee and manage all our sessions
including the recruitment and management of support staff. Recruit and develop new and existing players
at Elite and Development levels. Manage a talent pathway to establish potential Elite level players for our
Establish an annual calendar of sessions, events, camps, and talent ID days both during term time and non-
term time. Maximise our reach and provision to offer new initiatives offering more revenue incomes and
football opportunities. Grow and maximise the capacity of all development centres as well as support the
promotion of players within our tiered pathway model.
Support all other RMF department heads, projects, events, and initiatives as and when required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To oversee, manage and support a team of delivery coaches
• To attend all pitch training sessions, planning/review sessions and some fixtures
• Offer mentoring across departments and ensure quality assurance and training is available
• Support the SMT in delivering projects and operational objectives.
• Act as the representative of the Foundation in meetings with partners, stakeholders, and
• Be a team player within the Foundation, to ensure cross-department support and advocacy.
· To set the RMA strategy and to develop and deliver RMA long-term development plan.
· To work closely with the Senior Academy Team to ensure the Academy values, philosophy and playing style are carried across all the age groups
· Support the Senior Academy Team in creating a pathway through the Academy
· To plan, budget and create new initiatives within our existing Academy model
· To manage staff and budgets to ensure all sessions/events are achieving set targets
· Identify and grow relationships and opportunities within the football sector
· Develop players for RMA Teams and fixtures
· Continuation and growth of existing and new Foundation Phase football services
· To work with staff on identifying and submitting relevant ideas, projects, and initiatives
· Introduction of new non-term time events/camps
· Create talent ID opportunities for our players
· To ensure that the Foundation is maximizing fundraising opportunities.
• Oversee the management and delivery of the RMA syllabus
• Deliver sessions as appropriately required
• Main point of contact for parents and players
• Ensure the quality of provision of all sessions is of the highest standard.
• Ensure that each session operates within agreed budgets and achieves agreed targets.
• Ensure each support coach complies with the set standards and structure
• Ensure compliance with RMF's policies and procedures.
• Ensure proper monitoring and evaluation of programs is carried out.
• Manage a team of coaches to ensure delivery is of the highest standard
• Manage staff requirements, punctuality, feedback, and support needs
• Set and ensure progress towards achieving, KPIs for direct reports.
• Conduct appraisals for directly line managed staff as applicable.
• Support and ensure budgets are managed and on target
· Ensure all safeguarding policies are in date
· Ensure all staff are compliant to current safeguarding and criminal record checks
· Manage all registers and appropriate documentation relating to attendees
· Complete all required risk assessment documentation
We require a CV and Covering Letter to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and the deadline for this is Wednesday 18th August 2021 -5pm.