The Russell Martin Foundation are dedicated to supporting young people with Mental Health support through the delivery of bespoke training opportunities. RMF offer two Mental Health support workshops specifically designed to address mental health awareness in sport.
Subject areas available:
- Understanding eating disorders
- Looking after your mental wellbeing
- Student Finance
- Starting University
- Exam Stress
- Year Abroad
- Family Health Crisis
- Mind Matters
- FE College transition
- Three-hour workshop
- Aimed at sport and physical activity providers, coaches, sports administrators, front-of-house staff and volunteers
Six main areas to be covered:
- common perceptions and misconceptions about mental health
- the barriers that people living with mental health problems can experience when taking up a sport or physical activity.
- how stigma and discrimination surrounding mental health impacts on people living with mental health problems
- practical actions that you can take to create a positive sporting environment
- increase confidence to talk about mental health and know where to signpost people to if they need support
- develop an action plan to embed practices into your organisation.
Congratulations to our RMF Youth Legacy Team Young Ambassador, Beth Garner who was awarded Juice Brighton Young Volunteer of the Year at tonight’s 2017 Active Sussex Sussex Sports Awards! An outstanding role model for young people, we could not be more proud.
Endorsed by the Sussex County Football Association, our RMF Disability and Wellbeing programme supports adults of all ages in the Sussex area to stay active and enjoy inclusive sporting opportunities.
Our Disability and Wellbeing programme is delivered by Health and Fitness Development Officer Ben Morris. Ben creates a friendly environment where people can be active, socialise, have fun and learn from a variety of different nutrition and wellbeing workshops provided bespoke to our attendees.
To find out more information regarding our RMF Disability and Wellbeing programme please email email@example.com.
Sessions take place in the Mid Sussex area as follows:
• Tuesdays – 4pm-5pm, The Yews Centre, 55 Boltro Rd, Haywards Heath, West Sussex RH16 1BJ
The Russell Martin Foundation strongly supports the Sussex County Football Association’s Disability Football Pledge Project and would encourage all other community partners to provide their commitment for the good of inclusive sport.
Our Changing Lives Health Programme is available to all youth providers across Sussex including secondary schools, FE Colleges, Universities and local community youth groups.
Workshops delivered within the RMF ‘Changing Lives’ Health programme include:
- Nutrition & Health Lifestyles
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse
- Youth Crime Prevention
- Sexual Health
- Young Driver Workshops
- Inclusion and Diversity
For more information and to access the RMF Changing Lives Health programme please email firstname.lastname@example.org.